Help - Document Viewer
JR
2006-03-01 00:45:31 UTC
I had installed the Oct 2005 Visual Studio SDK previously and later removed
it
however when I access help from VS 2005 I get a dialog asking for
C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005
SDK\2005.10\VisualStudioIntegration\Archive\HelpIntegration\Resources.HxS

how do I tell the help system that this no longer exists and not to prompt
me to browse for it ?

TIA
Gary Chang[MSFT]
2006-03-01 07:54:20 UTC
Hi J,
Post by JR
how do I tell the help system that this no longer exists and
not to prompt me to browse for it ?
I am afraid there is no such easy way to notify the VS2005 Documentation
that the Visual Studio SDK has already been dismissed, I think this may be
a product issue.

In this scenario, one workaround is to install that Visual Studio SDK again
to provide that requested help component agian, this would cost some disk
space on your machine.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated at 9:00
AM PST, February 14, 2006. Please complete a re-registration process by
entering the secure code mmpng06 when prompted. Once you have entered the
secure code mmpng06, you will be able to update your profile and access the
partner newsgroups.
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
JR
2006-03-02 00:51:38 UTC
Hi Gary
is there some place else (another group ) I should ask if this "may be a
product issue"
I don't really want to reinstall the Oct Version as there is a newer on
available
and they all install into different directories, if it is a "product issue"
I can see the
hard drive filling up with these thing I don't want anymore ;-)

Thanks
Post by Gary Chang[MSFT]
Hi J,
Gary Chang[MSFT]
2006-03-02 02:38:45 UTC
Post by JR
is there some place else (another group ) I should ask if this
"may be a product issue" ...
The "product issue" means it may be a product bug. If you would like to
consult this issue elsewhere, I suggest you can file a product bug in our
MSDN feedback center. Our corresponding product team engineers will review
this issue and perform some research on it. They may communicate with you
directly on the issue there:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

Thanks for your understanding!

JR
2006-03-07 15:01:36 UTC
I tried to submit the error on the page you suggested and completed all the
entries
got an error on the final submit :-(
then it directed me to a page to report the error that I had just received
on the
web page. Of course that page barfed on submit too. so I don't know if the
report(s)
ever got there.

I moved ahead and installed the latest SDK. the VS2005 Team system became
so unstable
afterward that I could not even load projects without error. So I
uninstalled that
Team system works again, but the original error regarding the file
C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005
SDK\2005.10\VisualStudioIntegration\Archive\HelpIntegration\Resources.HxS
when loading and search help remains --

I must say that the overall quality of the vs2005 development environment
sucks -
projects will load one day but not the next etc

There must be a better way.. We spend far to much time fighting with poor
quality development tools, it is hard to get any work done ... Not happy
Post by Gary Chang[MSFT]
Hi,
Gary Chang[MSFT]
2006-03-08 03:04:52 UTC

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. It appears there is
some problem with our product feedback center. I will forward this issue to
our corresponding product team to review.

JR
Gary Chang[MSFT]
2006-03-10 03:39:26 UTC
Post by JR
Gary, thanks I'll check back here for an answer then ?
Sorry, I am afraid this issue may not be resolved recently. But I will ping
the product team to take this issue seriously.