No Table of Contents or Index in VS2008 MSDN help
dan
2007-11-26 13:13:02 UTC
I installed VS2008 RTM. After this was complete I installed the MSDN library
that came on the disk. When I start VS2008 and try to display a Table of
Contents or Index I get "No table of contents has been defined...." or "No
index has been defined.....". I get this in either VS2008 or the Document
Explorer. I can however do a search and get results but but if I try to use
the F1 context help while the cursor is on a keyword I get an error unless
some form of online help is enabled.

I remember having the problem on the same machine with VS2005 and I found
the fix right here in this newsgroup.

Any help would be great!

Dan
dan
2007-11-28 02:28:00 UTC
Isn't there anyone from Microsoft monitoring this? Have you heard of this
problem or am I the only one with this issue?

Any response would be nice

Dan
Dan
theartiststillknownasgarvin
2008-01-27 01:35:00 UTC
Dan, I'm not from Microsoft, only a first time visitor to this forum.

I share your concern about being in a "managed" newsgroup, for which I pay
$$$ on my MSDN Pro subscription, but with only 16 threads since 6/18/2004, I
wouldn't count on much support <g>

I am running VS2008 on my Vista Business development machine, and do not
have any problems with TOC, indexes, etc.

Suggest you run MSDN Library maintenance mode and choose the "repair" option
and see if that helps.

Or, uninstall MSDN Library, then go to VS2008 maintenance mode, and I think
it will eventually prompt you to install the libary again.

Good luck!