selected filter contains an error that prevents it from being appl
rmarapp
2007-09-23 16:02:03 UTC
Folks,

I get the following error when try to use help both in VS 2005 and 2008 Beta
2 (platform: VISTA ultimate)

"The selected filter contains an error that prevents it from being applied"

I'm pretty frustrated with this error. I have had this error in VS 2005 for
quite a while. Reading through all the post had suggested that un-install
and re-install vs 2005 which I did and same effect, help still fails with the
same error.

After which I dowloaded and installed CS 2008 Orcas Beta 2 which went
through fine. But when it tries to install the product documentation I get
the the following error

"Setup has detected that the HTML Help data files are corrupt and cannot
continue. Click Ok to close setup"

It has been a frustrating experience trying to nail this one down. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

I could upload the logs if you guys are interested.

Ram
Gang
2007-11-27 11:19:00 UTC
I met a similar error like this. My error was caused by corrupt help file
nslist.hxl in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Help. I guess it was my hard disk
problem. My fix was to overwrite nslist.hxl by a good copy from another
machine.
-Gang